Advocate earns eight MPA 2022 advertising awards
The Franklin Advocate brought home a total of eight awards from the Mississippi Press Association’s Better Newspaper Advertising Contest.
Winners were announced on Monday.
The paper brought home three first-place awards, two second-place honors, two third-place finishes and a fourth place award.
“Once again, it is nice to be recognized by our peers for the work that we performed,” said Publisher Paul Keane. “Our main focus is on our community and our advertisers, but it is nice to receive awards such as these.
“Our staff at The Advocate really deserve this. They all do exceptional work and I believe everyone in the community can easily see the improvements that have been made — and continue to be made — by our staff in order to serve everyone in Franklin County in the best way possible.”
The newspaper won the following awards:
• First Place, Ad Series, Sean Dunlap, Franklin County Memorial Hospital.
• First Place, Magazine Ad — Institutional, Financial or Service, Sean Dunlap, Franklin Telephone Co.
• First Place, Magazine Ad — Healthcare, Sean Dunlap, Franklin County Memorial Hospital.
• Second Place, Ad Series, Sean Dunlap, D.M. Simpson Hapkido.
• Second Place, Magazine Ad — Retail, Sean Dunlap, Home Hardware Center.
• Third Place, Grocery or Restaurant Ad, Sean Dunlap, Sullivan’s Kitchen — Valentine’s Ad.
• Third Place, Editorial Special Section, Sean Dunlap, Top Dawgs — Franklin County High School girls’ basketball 2022 state semifinal commemorative.
• Fourth Place, Small Space Ad, Sean Dunlap, Larkin Veterinarian Clinic Thanksgiving Ad.
A total of 978 entries statewide were judged in this year’s advertising contest.
Due to the cancellation of the Midwinter MPA Convention — where these awards were normally handed out — some of the major awards for the contest were not announced Monday morning.
Winners in Best Ad, Silver Dollar Idea and Advertising Excellence will be announced and awarded during the June summer convention for the association.
Please support the Franklin Advocate by subscribing today!